Ultamation’s Sky UK Now & Next control is a SIMPL# web services interface to enhance the rich user experience offered by Crestron systems.
NOTE: This module is for use with 3-series processors supporting SIMPL# ONLY, and will not function on 2-series or earlier processors. The module also requires an active internet connection and must be driven by the current sky channel which is available from the Sky serial port. Our Sky feedback decoder module is the perfect match for this.
NOTE: Since the newer SkyQ system does not provide the same serial output as Sky+HD, this module cannot be driven directly from the Sky receiver in this scenario.
The purpose of this module is to provide access to Sky UK’s Now and Next data for a particular channel. All data is outputted in serial text ready for displaying directly on a Crestron user interface or for further parsing within your Crestron program. The information from this module will accurately mirror Sky’s website, electronic programming guide (EPG) and mobile applications for a consistent experience.
The key features of the control are as follows:
- Presents the channel name logo and EPG number, programme name, description, start time, programme position for the current program as well as programme name, description and start time for the upcoming programme.
- Retrieves programme artwork for both the current and upcoming programme from Sky’s image libraries in real time to be used anywhere on your user interfaces.
- Allows the TV broadcast region per module instance so that regional programming is shown correctly.
- Automatically updates information every 30 seconds with a global enable.
- Auxiliary information about the current channel’s genre and subscription status.